Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Herding cats

I have officially decided that herding cats (greased up, rabid ones) would be much easier than teaching my group of mostly 7th grade girls 5th period every day since mid February. When they are not screaming at the top of their lungs about wanting to beat somebody up, or shaking their booties in each other's faces they were almost teachable. I suppose the only thing that has been a positive, or at least one of the few things is that I feel as though since I have survived here, I can teach (and flourish) anywhere else. Speaking of being anywhere else, next year I will be at a different High School on the Southside. I am excited to be there for many reasons. The school is closer. They principal seems as though he is very excited for me to be there, and has told me that if I ask for an opportunity for my kids to sing, there will be one! For now though, I still have one more day of herding cats (greased up, rabid ones).

No comments: